Friday 5 December 2014

The Case - Let Us Drown - Breakdown

Breakdown of chosen song: 

Build up til : 0:30
Guitars come in: 0:30
Drums come in: 0:41
Vocals: 0:52
Instruments come in + beginning of 1st verse: 0:54 - 1:12
Chorus: 1:19 - 1:29
Second verse: 1:40 - 2:00
Chorus: 2:07 - 2:17
Guitar solo: 2:17 - 2:58
Vocals: 2:59
Instruments come in + beginning of 3rd verse: 3:00 - 3:18
Chorus: 3:25 - 3:35
Drums stop: 3:46
Guitars finish: 3:56

Breaking down my chosen song (Let Us Drown - The Case) has allowed me section out the different parts of the song which I can then use to help me get specific and relevant footage which is able to fit the parts of the song. I have also taken a note of the time in which each section takes place to help me with the length of the specific footage and how much filming can be fitted into a section of the song. For example, the chorus of the song is ten seconds long which means I have to chose appropriate footage to fit inside that time gap. The visuals and song beat must match to ensure the footage is understandable and recognisable to the audience. I also think the song beat and visuals should match as it allows for an aesthetically pleasing music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment