Thursday 8 January 2015

Chosen Typography + Logo


Above is my final chosen font for my bands typography. The font is called, Magneto bold. The font is stylish and as aesthetically pleasing. The font style reminded of famous speaker and music brand, Marshall. Therefore, it is a suitable font style for my band as they are in music and use the equipment made by Marshall. The colours are simple to make the the text stand out and to be clear. The black lettering is a convention of rock/metal bands which makes it appropriate for my band as they are in the same genre. The black lettering can alos be connoted as a tattoo style. This is also a convention and a stereotype for rock musicians and bands.

Above is my bands logo. The logo was created on Photoshop and includes the typography chosen. For the logo I have chosen to use a guitar pick. This relates to my band and the rock/metal genre of music which they play. I have decided to add some effects by making the pick look dated and to make the pick look like it is corroding and fading. This adds dimension to the logo and makes the logo aesthetically pleasing and unique. I have chosen white typography to make the text stand out from the black background making it clear to see and read. I have also added some effect around the lettering using a brush tool, to create the effect of wear and fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment