Thursday 8 January 2015

Magazine advert ideas


This is an initial draft drawing of my bands magazine advertisement. I have chosen to place the bands logo/name at the top of the advert as this is a convention with music adverts and allows the bands name to be clear and bold. Its also positioned at the top of the advert as it is considered the most important piece of information on the advert. For the image of the advert I have drawn a empty studio room with speakers, drum set and guitar which are owned by my band. Therefore making it recognisable as a rock band with the electric guitars, drum kit and large speakers which a commonly used with rock musicians and bands. The bottom of the advert includes, 'album out now' as the advertisement is to advertise the bands album. This will be in large font size to make it clear and bold. Underneath, I have added positive critic reviews on the band, which persuades the target audience to go out and buy or check out the bands album and songs. Finally, at the very bottom of the advert I have added a tour and dates which is a convention of rock bands to do on their adverts.


This is another initial draft drawing of my bands advertisement. I have chosen to keep the bands logo/name at the top of the advert to make it clear and bold and to connote the most important piece of information on the advert. I have added a large image of the band with each member side by side. The setting for this image will be in a street or abandoned setting as this will create an aesthetically pleasing image and will relate back the the dark genre of rock and metal music. Under the image I have chosen to use large lettering and the same font to advertise the album being out with: 'Album out now which will grabs the readers attention and will persuade them to check the and out and buy their album. Underneath, I have added singles which include in the album as i have found that this is a convention of magazine adverts and helps persuade the target market to buy the album as they maybe familiar with the songs listed. Finally, I have added the tour and information about the bands tour at the bottom of the advert to persuade the target to go and check the band out and to buy tour dates. This will be in a smaller font as it is not the most important piece of information on the advertisement.


No comments:

Post a Comment