Sunday 4 January 2015

Typography

The Case (Birch std)
The Case (Broadway)
The Case (Brush script MT)
The Case (Engravers MT)
The Case (Pristina

The Case (Magneto)

Above are some possible typography choices for my bands logo and title. I have chosen them due to aesthetics and the way the can be denoted as a rock genre band. The font, Birch std, was chosen as it looked like a rock/ metal type of font with the sharp serifs and tall lettering which could be aesthetically pleasing on an album cover and magazine advert. The font, Broadway, is a different style of font and is bold and clear, however, it may come across more of a pop or indie style of font. The font, Brush script MT, was chosen as it reminded me of a tattoo style of lettering which connotes with the rock and metal stereotypes and conventions. The font, Engravers MT, was chosen as I like the serif style of font with the big lettering and appeal to me as a rock / metal style of font. The font, Pristina, was chosen as the font look like a horror font which connotes with metal and rock being dark and scary. I also like the way it looks sketchy which add a different dimension to the font. Finally, the font, Magneto, was chosen because it reminded me of the font for Pearl and Marshall logos which both relate to the rock world and the branded instruments the band play.

No comments:

Post a Comment